Male-to-androgyne here!

Just joined? Introduce yourself to the rest of the Angels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Protoman2050
Apprentice Angel
SpamBot: NO

Male-to-androgyne here!

Postby Protoman2050 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi! I'm a male-to-androgyne, and I'm so thankful I found this forum.

Ever since I had puberty over a decade ago, I hated it. I hated the hair, the coarse skin, the sex drive, everything. I recently got done taking the COGIATI and Bem Gender Traits Test for Androgyny, and I have been classified as an androgyne. Which isn't really shocking to me, as I've always known that I was not male, yet I wasn't female, but somewhere in between. I like wearing female accessories with male clothing (my glasses are girl's frames, I often would wear my mom's leather jackets because I liked the style better than the ones I had, and I loved wearing some of my mom's sparkly jewelry), and other things like that. Yet it'd never cross my mind to dress or act fully female, so I guess I am a butch lesbian in a male body.

Often people ask me if I'm flamboyantly gay because of these things, including occasionally my parents, and I know I'm not attracted to men in any way (which is probably why I detest my secondary sexual characteristics like body hair and things like that), yet I in no way wish to be a woman. So I'm not gay and I'm not transsexual, yet I'm not cisgendered.

After I return from my summer vacation in my home of California, I plan on seeing my GP and asking for a referral to a psychiatrist for a proper gender identity evaluation. Good thing I attend the University of Leeds, as I'm right near Seacroft, where the GIS is.

lonely-vamp
Angel

Re: Male-to-androgyne here!

Postby lonely-vamp » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 pm

hello and welcome
Hugs Vampie x :bighug:

Bev_1963
Angel

Postby Bev_1963 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Protoman, welcome to the forum. I hope you get the help you need, but I wouldn't take those tests like COGIATI too seriously: they should be seen as more a bit of fun than anything else, like those 'Which Peanuts character are you?' questionnaires. Good luck anyway. Might be interesting to compare services here to those in California.

Sue Richmond
Uber-Angel

Postby Sue Richmond » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi there, welcome to Angels

Sue

rosie_kerr
Cherub

Postby rosie_kerr » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Protoman

Welcome to Angels

jenalex
Heavenly Choir

Postby jenalex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello there :smile:

Protoman2050 wrote:I like wearing female accessories with male clothing (my glasses are girl's frames, I often would wear my mom's leather jackets because I liked the style better than the ones I had, and I loved wearing some of my mom's sparkly jewelry), and other things like that. Yet it'd never cross my mind to dress or act fully female, so I guess I am a butch lesbian in a male body.

I like that description :good:

My own identity is male femme, which comes from the same sort of space. Indeed, by the sound of it, I'm not sure that it's all that different from yours. :blush:

Bea_Groves
Messenger

Postby Bea_Groves » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Sounds all rather sensible really. Goodonyer!

Oh, and welcome... :)

Protoman2050
Apprentice Angel

Postby Protoman2050 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Bev_1963 wrote:Hi Protoman, welcome to the forum. I hope you get the help you need, but I wouldn't take those tests like COGIATI too seriously: they should be seen as more a bit of fun than anything else, like those 'Which Peanuts character are you?' questionnaires. Good luck anyway. Might be interesting to compare services here to those in California.

I didn't take them all that seriously, I just decided to take it 'cause I was bored, and I LOLed at how it matched up perfectly with what I think about myself.

Also, it's nice that my church is very supportive of me. My best friend and trainee pastor said "Well, I don't believe there is such a gender as 'androgyne', but I see that you're a very feminine man, and I don't see anything wrong with you wanting to make your physical image match your mental image. No matter what you end up looking like, we'll all still love and care for you."

I guess I'm the weirdest one in my family: only one going overseas for uni, only Orthodox Christian, was born 16 weeks premature, and only androgyne. And they all love me for being delightfully eccentric.

samray
Seraphim

Postby samray » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 pm

hi there ,and welcome to our forum best wishes Sam,,,,, :bighug: :smile:

shane marcus
Heavenly Choir

Postby shane marcus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Hello and welcome :)

Protoman2050
Apprentice Angel

Postby Protoman2050 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Well, It'll be interesting to see the psychiatrist when I get back from summer vacation. I'll be 21 in July! I'll be going to Illinois to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles; they're throwing me a glitzy kitty-cat themed party with lots of hot pink and glitter. The clerk at the party store is probably going to be asking if the party is for a little girl, lol.

I was reading the Leeds GIS page on HRT, and I'm a bit worried they use Lupron instead of what we Americans use, Aldactone. I really don't like shots, and the Aldactone's diuretic effect would be useful to offset the water retention effects of the estradiol. Have no plan on using progesterone, as I don't need the lability and I really don't care for big breasts (at least not on me! Fun to look at, not to have!).

Flynn
Angel

Postby Flynn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello and welcome from another newbie :smile:

Salome
Messenger

Postby Salome » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:05 am

Interesting - where r u going 2 next ?

Angela H
Messenger

Postby Angela H » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 am

Who cares about labelling you? :nah:

Anyway, the whole Human Race is "delightfully eccentric," only some more so than others. It's what sets us apart from the rest of life.

Come on in and put your feet up.

Protoman2050
Apprentice Angel

Postby Protoman2050 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 am

Salome wrote:Interesting - where r u going 2 next ?

Probably Ireland for medical school, if my studies in immunology here go well. Or back home to get a PhD. I want to become either a doctor or a pharmaceutical company scientist.

I find sex change surgeries, especially FTM ones to be the most fascinating surgeries from a technical standpoint; all the nerve and vessel anastomoses, the free flaps, etc. And I've always found urology interesting (especially since I had a bunch of now-fixed urological issues; I've been seeing the same urologist since I was born), and plastic surgery.

Although I'm more likely going to go into interventional radiology; they're leading the way in minimally-invasive treatments for disease, like islet cell transplants for diabetes, gastric artery embolization for obesity, stem cell injections for disc disease, and all sorts of cancer treatments.

Good thing I found out that if I do my radiology training here, and get registered with the GMC-I or GMC-UK, I can get licensed back home in a few states, since getting a US residency is going to be really difficult for IMGs by the time I get my medical degree. And since I plan on being an academic, I can get licensed back in California if a medical school decides to hire me as faculty.

Protoman2050
Apprentice Angel

Postby Protoman2050 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:57 pm

jenalex wrote:Hello there :smile:

Protoman2050 wrote:I like wearing female accessories with male clothing (my glasses are girl's frames, I often would wear my mom's leather jackets because I liked the style better than the ones I had, and I loved wearing some of my mom's sparkly jewelry), and other things like that. Yet it'd never cross my mind to dress or act fully female, so I guess I am a butch lesbian in a male body.

I like that description :good:

My own identity is male femme, which comes from the same sort of space. Indeed, by the sound of it, I'm not sure that it's all that different from yours. :blush:

Probably by the end of this, I'll end up pretty much as a "chick with a dick who isn't a chick." Thin yet toned, small breasts (that can easily be bound when the situation requires it), androgynous dress, yet be legally and, for the most part, socially male. Like wear t-shirt, jeans, leather jackets, flashy jewelry and make-up, and a femme hairstyle for casual dress, and for formal situations, french cuff shirt, tie, slacks, no or neutral make-up, no jewelry, and a more butch hairstyle.

Probably the most common phrase out of my mouth will be "What are you looking at?"

roz
Uber-Angel

Postby roz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi there!

Hugs,

Roz

Salome
Messenger

Postby Salome » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Bit like Michael Moorcock's Jerry Cornelius ?

Protoman2050
Apprentice Angel

Postby Protoman2050 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Salome wrote:Bit like Michael Moorcock's Jerry Cornelius ?

Never heard of him before, but I guess.

I have no desire for a relationship with another person, save for friendship, as my career as an interventional radiologist will interfere, and I often hear that someone can't have close opposite-gender friends when they're married/engaged/dating, and I refuse to hierarchize my relationships.

My cats will be what I come home to at the end of the day.

LOL, despite being an Orthodox Christian, sometimes I feel like a Gallus, a priest of the ancient Phrygian cult of Cybele.

ashmoschino
Angel

Postby ashmoschino » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Protoman2050 wrote:I often hear that someone can't have close opposite-gender friends when they're married/engaged/dating, and I refuse to hierarchize my relationships.

...sometimes I feel like a Gallus, a priest of the ancient Phrygian cult of Cybele.

What a delightful image that second line brings to mind...

What is the first comment predicated upon? I've never heard that, nor have I experienced it.

We share a gender niche, to some degree; the t-shirt, jeans and leather jacket image resonates especially. Don't know why, but that outfit has always done it for me.

Return to “Arrivals Lounge”